Compatibility of the interfaces provided by musl with existing standards and software packages.
Standards compatibility tables
- POSIX 2008 API coverage (obsolete STREAMS and posix_trace APIs are not included)
- C99 API coverage
- C11 API coverage (optional annex K is not included)
Compatibility with other implementations
- Functional differences from glibc
- Comparison with other Linux libc implementations.
Software compatibility, patches and build instructions
- pkgsrc based software compatibility table:
- pkgsrc results are archived at http://musl.codu.org.
- The necessary patches are at musl-pkgsrc-patches (hg) or musl-pkgsrc-patches (git).
- Build instructions and patches for various software packages:
- sabotage recipes, patches
- Mere Linux packages
- Dragora recipes, patches
- Alpine ports
- Gentoo overlay with musl support
- See the packaging work in various other distributions.